Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Google's Super Social Search Shift


Just running a standard search for the Fedora Project (I'm on a VM kick lately...), and I see that Google is now retroactively looking at content you've posted from other Google properties, not just Buzz or Plus. In this instance, Google pulled directly from my Fedora 13 review (Not entirely sure why my picture is showing twice...). I can only imagine that this is the beginning of a huge fundamental shift for Google search and how it operates. The future of search is social and Google has seen the writing on the wall. I can't wait for the day when I run a search of some new gadget or software and some of my tech blogger friends pop up in the search results. This is going to be very cool.

Edit: Now that I think about it... anything I've posted to Blogger automatically got shared in Buzz... I guess Google could just be pulling from Buzz (which they've been doing for a while now), but either way, still cool to see it in action.

No comments: