Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Chromium OS Bootable Flash Drive! (Built on: 11/4/2011)



This version brings a bunch of beta design functionality and some speed increases! Enjoy!
I did notice some driver weirdness on some machines with this build, let me know what you find out.


Credits and Utilities:
To unpack this file, you will need the totally awesome and free unzipping utility: 7zip
This pack contains the Image Writer for Microsoft Windows, which is a great, simple way to take or place images onto drives. Give these guys a hand!
Instructions are included in a text file in the download!

4 comments:

Nick M. said...

So...when I tested this build (not your 11/4 build, but another) I had random issues with drivers as mentioned. Actually seemed to have processor/cooling issues, and ran down my battery from 100% to 0 in about an hour. I'll try this out, and see if I have the same result.

Unknown said...

That's such a weird bug... Good luck!

Ed said...

Having an issue with one of the builds, can't load extensions or themes... On a related note, it won't save my settings for the login screen. When trying to add extensions I get an error about the "temp directory"... Any help?

Unknown said...

I've seen this issue with earlier builds. Try again on a freshly formatted USB stick, see if that resolves the issue. I'll be building more this week, as well, so if that doesn't work, stay tuned and I should have a new build out soon in the next 7 days.